March 15, 2020
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we are taking prompt and vigorous action to protect all our employees and customers. A number of measures have been put in place at all our locations and we are monitoring the situation on an hourly basis.
Measures in the stores and on the road
- Store opening hours have been reduced (see store webpages, which are being updated);
- Hygiene has been tightened:
- Mandatory hand-washing after signing a contract;
- Increased hygiene measures for all surfaces and products used by employees and customers;
- Restrictions on physical contact, such as hand-shaking;
- Door-to-door solicitation and telemarketing have been cancelled;
- Repairs installations needed to provide customers with essential services are being prioritized; other work will be reduced.
Health and well-being of employees, suppliers and partners
Videotron continues to monitor the situation and will regularly adjust the precautions it has put in place.
- All business trips planned for the coming weeks are postponed or cancelled;
- All personal travel must now be reported and monitored. Videotron is requiring employees returning from trips to self-isolate for 14 days; to take a 14-day leave;
- Videotron is cancelling or postponing all planned events until the beginning of May to avoid all unnecessary gatherings;
- All non-essential classroom training is cancelled and essential training is being reduced to groups of 10 or fewer;
- In-person team meetings will be kept to a minimum;
- New communication tools are being put in place, as well as posters showing recommended behaviours, a FAQ and regular notices to employees.
Customer service maintained
Although our stores and points of sale remain open, bear in mind that Videotron offers full remote customer service for all issues related to our services, equipment orders, device installation and setup, technical problems and all other questions.
Contact us online or by phone: http://www.videotron.com/residential/contact-us
Residential Internet data caps removed: To help Québec organizations and businesses implement effective teleworking measures, Videotron has suspended the data limits (overage charges) on all residential and business Internet plans for existing customers until March 31. http://corpo.videotron.com/site/press-room/press-release/1055